Want a better life because things aren’t going so well? Here are some pointers on how to build one, gleaned from my years of living and studying the subject.
- Treat yourself and other people with respect. You’ll be amazed at the response.
- Every life has a story, and everyone’s story is important, at least to them, so pay attention to it.
- There are no ordinary people, there are only extraordinary ones, and that includes you.
- Learn to love the world. Hey, we both live on it and depend on it, so loving it and treating it with respect makes total sense, right?
- Remember to laugh and to see humor in everyday things. Also remember to laugh at yourself; you can be amusing, you know.
- Learn to be a servant. Yep, I know that sounds disgusting, doesn’t it? But think about it. Holding a door for someone, letting someone get on the elevator before you do, giving someone your seat on the bus or the train, and thanking someone is being a servant. Kind of nice when someone does that for you, isn’t it? So do it for someone else.
- Learn to listen to hear and understand what the other person is saying. Makes all the difference in the world in what you and I hear and what we learn. Try it out. Wait until the other person is finished, then tell him or her what you heard, and listen to the response,
- Note the changes in the quality of your life as you practice these things.
That’s it for this post. More next time on a different subject. Enjoy.